pondělí 9. července 2012

Today's post is gonna be only in English. My first english post and my last proper day in Taiwan. Tomorrow I'm going home.

Last days here were supposed to be great. But....when your health betrays you, you can't really do too much. So I had to say sadly: "No", when girls went to eat amazing tuna rolls for lunch. My stomach wouldn't allow me to eat it. But...this post is not going to be about my problems.

Why am I writing this? Everyone will say bye on facebook, so I decided to be more stylish and say bye on my blog where I was writing during my stay in Taiwan.
And why in English? Because Google translator isn't perfect. And my foreign friends are often lost in translation. So here it is just for you :)

10 months ago, me and Míša were deciding about going here or not. We discussed it with our families, friends and couldn't sleep well at nights. Even after the choosing of Tainan, I wasn't sure. I have to say, I was pretty stupid. Taiwan was way too better than Erasmus a year ago. Erasmus is mainly about drinking and partying, Taiwan is about travelling. I have visited wonderful Philippines, modern Singapore, lively Kuala Lumpur. And of course Taiwan. 

I also think, pictures can say thousands of words, so here is my choice of pictures showing how we loved it here. Enjoy :)

My crazy Tainan's group, I couldn't wish for a better choice


Our unforgettable dinner with Connie where we literally cry-laughed


The first days and thinking: WTF ?!

My amazing Chinese tutor Rebecca. She had a lot of patience with me.

Our first visit in Kaohsiung and meeting the others.



Kaohsiung and its Formosa station...
...or Love River...
...or a night view.
I also can't forget our travelling around the island,
...visiting Taroko and East Coast,


...visiting theme park and its attractions,
...loving the hospitality of Taiwanese family,
...being sometimes disgusted by the local food,

...seeing loads of temples and Buddhas,


 


...and having fun on all trips.
 But the best way how to remember Taiwan is meeting someone special in the first days.


Bye Taiwan.
I will miss you but we both know it's time to go home.


P.S. for the next Czech students: Do not even doubt about going here or not. You will be amazed, disgusted, excited, annoyed. But you're gonna love it. :)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat